Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 4, Day 1

Distance: 3 miles

Total for the week: 3 miles

Overall total so far: 51 miles

Notes: Our running partners are on vacation, so we're doing this week's runs alone until Saturday. Our usual pattern is for me to run with Brian and Tracey with Becca during the week, and then to trade childcare with them on the long runs so we can run as couples. This week some other friends are watching Abel on Saturday for us, but we're on our own for the 3-5-3 during the week.

Anyway, it was kinda nice to run alone this time (even though I went out a little hard and paid for it at the end), but I'm a touch nervous about Wednesday's five miles. The midweek distance is bumping up (from four) this week, so it's already got some challenge built in. At any rate, I know I can do it because I've run that far several times now; it's just that I'll miss the conversation. Oh well, I'll toss a few long podcasts onto the iPod to keep me company.

Hooray for breaking 50 cumulative miles!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait until the midweek gets up around 10 miles. Those can be disheartening. Keep plugging away and have fun!