Friday, July 27, 2007

Week 9, Days 2 and 3

Day 2 (Wednesday)

Distance: 7 miles

Total for the week: 11 miles

Overall total so far: 177 miles

Notes: Seven miles in the hills of Oxford, ME. And when I say hills, I mean bigger, longer hills than they have here in Rochester. A most challenging run, though I thoroughly enjoyed being out on the streets of small town Maine. It was a profoundly nostaligic experience—totally took me back to my childhood.

Day 3 (Thursday)

Distance: 4 miles

Total for the week: 15 miles

Overall total so far: 181 miles

Notes: Still in Maine, I ran a quick out and back. Uphill for the first half, downhill for the second half. Not a bad little run, though quite hot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that people from NY could properly understand what running the hills of Maine would be unlike, unless they had been there. All our relatives there call us "flatlanders"...but of course it sounds like "flatlandahhhs". Beautiful, but tough place to run, I'm sure.