Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 12, Day 3

Distance: 5 miles

Total for the week: 18 miles

Overall total so far: 270 miles

Notes: I ran out right after a fat dinner and my knee was killing me, so I had to stop for about a quarter mile a third of the way in. I was pretty down on myself about it, but then it just dawned on me that I was letting little crap bother me, and I decided to start running again. I worked on keeping my head up and smiling so that I would look as if I were having a good time (seriously, it works), and in short order I was cruising along again.

One funny thing is that I saw some people warming up to play what looked like a serious game of volleyball in Cobb's Hill Park, and I chuckled to myself, "I remember when I used to play actual sports that were actually fun." In a few weeks, that will be me again!

The first 18 happens on Saturday. It's the longest run of our training program. We do it twice. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Matthew D. Keller said...

I just thought I would inform you, that your crazy, GOOD LUCK with the 18!

Beth said...

Ha ha ha, I told ya it would work! (Isn't it funny how we can effectively lie to OURSELVES?)

Good luck with the 18!