Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Week 1, Day 1

Distance: 3 miles

Total for the week: 3 miles

Total overall: 3 miles

Notes: Tracey and I ran 4 miles last Saturday as the final prep run before our official training program began. It was so easy for us that we ran hard for the final quarter mile or so. Naturally, I figured this 3-miler would be very easy, then. Not so fast, Prefontaine... I don't know if it was because I was running alone, or because I went out too fast, or because it was the first official run, but I was ready to tank after about a mile. My first psychological battle with myself, already. Yay. I told myself that I would not stop no matter what, and I slowed my pace, and I finished the run. But I didn't enjoy it. I was happy when I finished, though.

I've got runs of 4, 3, and 5 miles remaining this week.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Man, sometimes there are just days when the tank is empty. Stacy used to call that "flat;" i.e., 'You girls are looking kind of flat today.'

Hee hee, yes, I am aware of how that reads. But back to running.

This is where the real runners are made! You run when you don't want to, when it's raining, when it's sweltering hot, when you've got a head cold, when your legs are sore... you get the picture. Congratulations on climbing over the wall. There will be more, I'm sure.

Dig deep! "_